“Autofill” is an option available in most web browsers that allows you to quickly enter information that you have entered before. Usually the browser will display below the entry area, a drop-down list of possible matches from entries you’ve typed before based on information you begin to enter. For example, if you are entering your street address and you enter the first number, Autofill will show you a drop-down list that will display addresses you have entered before. You can then click on the value or use your Down Arrow key to select the value and it will be placed in the box. Usually you only need to enter one or two characters for Autofill to activate.
Below you will find information on how to activate “Autofill” in some common browsers.
Before making any changes, please make sure you are using an up-t0-date version of your browser. Most browsers have an “About” option in the menu. Selecting “About” will display information about your browser including the version you are running. Check with the browser publisher to find the current version and information about updating.
If you need assistance please contact our office.
- Open your Internet Explorer browser. Autofill is called AutoComplete in IE.
- Near the top right of the window, click the gear icon to open the “Tools” menu.
- Select “Internet options” to open the options window.
- Click the “Content” tab.
- Under the “AutoComplete” section, click the “Settings” button. This will open the “AutoComplete Settings” window.
- Check the option box labeled “Forms”.
- Click “OK”.
- Click “OK”.
- Open you Edge browser.
- Click “. . .” (“More actions:) in the upper right corner
- Click “Settings” from the menu.
- Scroll down to “Advanced settings” and click “View advanced settings”.
- Scroll down to “Privacy and services”.
- Under “Save form entries”, click the switch to “On”.
- Open your Firefox browser.
- Click the “Tools” menu option.
- Select “Options” from the menu to open the configuration settings.
- Click the “Privacy” button.
- Click “Use custom settings for history” to show the needed settings.
- Check the option box labeled “Remember search and form history.”
- Close the tab to save your settings.
- Open your Google Chrome browser.
- Near the top right of the window, click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon.
- Click the “Settings” menu options.
- Click “Show advanced settings…”.
- Scroll down to “Passwords and forms”.
- Check the option box labeled “Enable Autofill to fill out forms in a single click”
- Close the tab or browse to another page.
- Open your Safari browser.
- Near the top right of the window, click the gear icon to open the settings menu.
- Select “Preferences”, this will open the settings window.
- Click the “AutoFill” tab.
- Check the option box labeled “Other forms”.
- Close the window.